Recommendations from OSHA & NOAA for Lightning Safety
Lightning is often overlooked as an occupational hazard. Per OSHA's recommendations, employers need awareness about lightning hazards to ensure their workers' safety. According to OSHA's factsheet, precautions should be taken to prevent worker exposure to lightning.
- Approx. 50 people are killed by lightning each year in the U.S.
- 55% of lightning injuries & fatalities occur to outdoor workers.
Employers should follow best practices to keep employees safe while working in the elements. Supervisors and workers at outdoor worksites should take lightning safety seriously.
TALOS Lightning Awareness System
Provides Visual & Audible Alerts to Warn Outdoor Workers to get to Safety
OEM / Ready to Install Solution
The TALOS Remote Lightning Detection System (SFD-1000-R) features the same technology used in expensive weather stations and provides bright LEDs and loud audible alerts when lightning is within 25 miles. When alerts are received, workers should seek safety immediately.
FACT: Thunder can only be heard from up to 10 miles away, but lightning can strike from 25 MILES AWAY.
While employees are aware of the inherent dangers of lightning & storms, the fact that lightning can present a danger outside of their range of knowledge can make for a perilous situation.
With the ability to distinguish between a false disturbance and actual lightning, you can trust the alerts are detecting imminent danger in real time.
*Although the remote lightning detector is designed primarily for OEMs, end users can purchase and install themselves. Get started today!
|Request a Quote||Free Sample Request|
Why Use TALOS When Cellular Devices Already Provide Weather Alerts?
- Weather apps may send delayed alerts based on set time intervals
- The location of a weather/ tower location may give alerts NOT based on your ACTUAL location
- Outdoor workers don't always have their phone at hand.
- No alerts will be received with outside of cellular coverage
That's what great about TALOS:
- A stand alone device
- No subscription fees
- No cell coverage required
- Real time alerts based on your location
- 25 mile detection range
- Customizable compact design
- The BRIGHTEST visual alerts: 3 colors to indicate distance of approaching or departing storms
- Green: 25 miles
- Blue: 16 miles
- Red: 6 miles
- The LOUDEST audible alerts
- 1 beep for Green: 25 miles
- 2 beeps for Blue: 16 miles
- 3 beeps for Red: 6 miles
- Provides awareness of dangerous lightning in the area
- Robust design for rugged applications
- High rate of accuracy
- Same technology as expensive weather stations
- No Wifi or data connection needed
- Innovative technology minimizes false indicators
- Antenna auto tuning for optimal detection
- Cost effective
- Customizable OEM solutions
- Real time instant alerts
- Detection of ground to cloud lightning activity
Custom Lightning Detection Solutions for Outdoor Workers
The TALOS Remote Lightning Detector is designed for OEM and customized applications. Utilizing a compact design for remote mounting & communication of lightning storms, implementing our lightning detector is possible in any number of applications.
Receive visual and audible alerts that indicate the distance of lightning strikes (from 25 miles away and closer).
The remote version lightning detector can be purchased by itself or with the optional light indicator.
Optional External Power Horn
Perfect for Noisy Environments or Out of View of Visual Alerts
There are many situations when employees could be working in an area where their view is obstructed from seeing flashing alerts.
And noisy environments are commonplace as well.
For these situations, an alarm horn can be purchased to provide louder audible alerts that can be heard over long distances and loud noises.
Safety isn’t an option, it’s essential!
|Datasheet||Request a Quote|
Interested in a Free Sample?
Complete the Free Sample Form to see if you qualify for a free sample.
Contact TALOS®️ Sales: