When Working Outdoors, Workers are Focused on the Job, Not on Incoming Storms
Lightning strikes can severely injure or kill an employee working outdoors. Outdoor workers often overlook the danger of an incoming storm due to being focused on the job at hand or simply not knowing that lightning is in the area.
- Approx. 50 people are killed by lightning each year in the U.S.
- 55% of lightning injuries & fatalities occur to outdoor workers.
As recommended by OSHA and NOAA, employers should follow best practices to keep employees safe while working in the elements. Improve outdoor safety with tools designed to heighten awareness of potentially threatening weather.
Interested in a Free Sample?
Complete the Request Form to see if you qualify for a free sample.
TALOS Lightning Awareness System - OEM Ready to Install Solution
The TALOS Remote Lightning Detection System (SFD-1000-R) features the same technology used in expensive weather stations and provides bright LEDs and loud audible alerts when lightning is within 25 miles. When alerts are received, workers should seek safety immediately.
FACT: Thunder can be heard from up to 10 miles away, but lightning can strike from 25 MILES AWAY.
With the ability to distinguish between a false disturbance and actual lightning, you can trust the alerts are detecting imminent danger in real time.
Safety isn’t an option, it’s essential!
Why Use TALOS When Cellular Devices Already Provide Weather Alerts?
Weather app alerts may be delayed due to:
- The weather tower/doppler location, not your ACTUAL location
- Weather apps alert at specific intervals, not in real time
Outdoor workers don't always have their phone at hand. TALOS is a stand alone device, no subscription fees or cell coverage required.
External Power Horn for Noisy Environments or Out of View of Visual Alerts
For workers visually away from the alert light indicator or in loud or noisy environments, an alarm horn can be purchased to provide louder audible alerts that can be heard over long distances and loud noises.
- 25 mile detection range
- Customizable compact design
- The BRIGHTEST visual alerts: 3 colors to indicate distance of approaching or departing storms
- Green: 25 miles
- Blue: 16 miles
- Red: 6 miles
- The LOUDEST audible alerts
- 1 beep for Green: 25 miles
- 2 beeps for Blue: 16 miles
- 3 beeps for Red: 6 miles
- Provides awareness of dangerous lightning in the area
- Robust design for rugged applications
- High rate of accuracy
- Same technology as expensive weather stations
- No Wifi or data connection needed
- Innovative technology minimizes false indicators
- Antenna auto tuning for optimal detection
- Cost effective
- Customizable OEM solutions
- Real time instant alerts
- Detection of ground to cloud lightning activity
Custom Lightning Detection Solutions
The TALOS Remote Lightning Detector is designed for OEM and customized applications. Utilizing a compact design for remote mounting & communication of lightning storms, implementing our lightning detector is possible in any number of applications.
Receive visual and audible alerts that indicate the distance of lightning strikes (from 25 miles away and closer).
The remote version lightning detector can be purchased by itself or with the optional light indicator.
Contact TALOS®️ Sales: