TALOS Lightning Detector for Construction & Large Equipment
The TALOS®️ Storm and Lightning Detector for construction equipment & outdoor work safety provides storm awareness of lightning strikes in the area. With the ability to detect lightning and storm fronts up to 25 miles away, the unit provides real-time lightning detection of both cloud to ground and cloud to cloud lightning danger.
Ideal for outdoor use in any number of work related activities from roofing & construction, road crews, landscaping & mowing services, and more.
- Up to 25 mile range
- The BRIGHTEST visual alerts: 3 colors to indicate distance of approaching or departing storms
- Green: 25 miles
- Blue: 16 miles
- Red: 6 miles
- The LOUDEST Audible Alerts
- 1 beep for Green: 25 miles
- 2 beeps for Blue: 16 miles
- 3 beeps for Red: 6 miles
- Compact design
- Auto sleep functionality**
- 1 year battery life (*based on average usage)
- Antenna auto tuning - increases efficiency
- Same technology as used in expensive weather stations
- Battery powered: requires 4 AA batteries (lithium recommended)
**When the unit is first turned on, the unit is in "Normal Mode" and will actively listen for lightning/storm activity. Pressing the ON button a second time puts the unit into the auto-sleep mode. In this mode, the detector will sleep until motion is detected, then it will turn on. If no motion is detected for 30 minutes, the unit goes back to sleep.
- Early warning alerts
- Provides distance estimation of storm
- Selective power modes make it ideal for low power devices
- Easy to mount
Where to Mount Lightning Detector
The lightning detector listens for low-level signals from lightning and must be located a minimum of 3 feet away from cell phones, wearables, or any other devices emitting electrical noise. If the detector goes through a sequence of all colors, this indicates that it is detecting electrical noise.
What's Included in the Box:
1- TALOS Lightning Detection Device
1 - Mounting Base
1 - User Guide
Battery Instructions & Installation
It is necessary to replace batteries as soon as the lightning detector indicates the batteries are almost dead. The detector will beep and flash the LED twice indicating that batteries need to be replaced. This alert is given every 10 seconds. If you are not using the lightning detector, make sure you remove the batteries prior to storing the detector.