TALOS Lightning Detector for Golf Carts and Courses
While enjoying a nice leisurely game of golf or a ride around the community on your golf cart, stay aware of potential lightning in the air with TALOS®️ lightning and storm detector for golf carts and courses. There are 50 to 100 dangerous cloud-to-cloud lightning strikes every second worldwide. The TALOS®️ lightning detector senses lightning strikes occurring within 25 miles away and alerts you of the danger, making you aware of potentially life-threatening situations.
- Up to 25 miles range
- The BRIGHTEST visual alerts: 3 colors to indicate distance of approaching or departing storms
- Green: 25 miles
- Blue: 16 miles
- Red: 6 miles
- The LOUDEST audible alerts
- 1 beeps for Green: 25 miles
- 2 beeps for Blue: 16 miles
- 3 beeps for Red: 6 miles
- Compact design
- Auto sleep functionality**
- Same technology as used in weather stations
- Long battery life (1 year based on average usage)
- Battery powered: requires 4 AA batteries (lithium recommended)
**When the unit is first turned on, the unit is in "Normal Mode" and will actively listen for lightning/storm activity. Pressing the ON button a second time puts the unit into the auto-sleep mode. In this mode, the detector will sleep until motion is detected, then it will turn on. If no motion is detected for 30 minutes, the unit goes back to sleep.
- Early warning alerts - giving you time to find safety
- Visual distance estimation of storm
- Antenna audio tuning - increases efficiency
- Easy to mount
- Easy to detach
Where to Mount the Lightning Detector
The lightning detector should be mounted a minimum of 3 feet away from cell phones, wearables, or any other devices emitting electrical noise to avoid false positive signals. If the detector goes through a sequence of all colors, this indicates that it is detecting electrical noise interference.