TALOS Lightning Detector for the Rugged Outdoors
Perfect for nearly any outdoor use, our lightning detector is ideal for hiking, camping, enjoying a day at the beach, ATVs, and anywhere your adventures take you.
- Up to a 25-mile range
- The BRIGHTEST visual alerts: 3 colors to indicate distance of approaching or departing storms
- Green: 25 miles
- Blue: 16 miles
- Red: 6 miles
- The LOUDEST audible alerts
- 1 beep for Green: 25 miles
- 2 beeps for Blue: 16 miles
- 3 beeps for Red: 6 miles
- Compact design
- 1 year battery life (*based on average usage)
- Auto sleep functionality**
- Antenna auto-tuning - increases efficiency
- Same technology used in expensive weather stations
- Battery-powered: requires 4 AA batteries (lithium recommended)
- Patent-pending design
**When the unit is first turned on, the unit is in "Normal Mode" and will actively listen for lightning/storm activity. Pressing the ON button a second time puts the unit into the auto-sleep mode. In this mode, the detector will sleep until motion is detected, then it will turn on. If no motion is detected for 30 minutes, the unit goes back to sleep.
- Early warning alerts
- Provides distance estimation of storm
- Selective power modes make it ideal for low power devices
- Easy to detach
- Easy to mount
Where to Mount Lightning Detector
The lightning detector listens for low-level signals from lightning and must be located a minimum of 3 feet away from cell phones, wearables, or any other devices emitting electrical noise. If electrical noise interference is detected, the lightning detector will go through a sequence of all colors.
If you have any questions or issues regarding the operation of your lightning detector, please call us at 1-888-703-0906 or email TalosSupport@pmt-fl.com.
Please do not return the unit to the purchase location. Contact TALOS®️ for service.